Wednesday 9 February 2011

Joyeux anniversaire, Sandra

It's Sandra's birthday today, so I've made her a card.




It's the latest variant of the grid idea I started last year. Nets are kinds of flexibble grids, which appeal to me for allowing external forces to distort an ordered pattern. I started with some photos of netting,



messed around with them on http://www.picnik.com/, which is like Photoshop for dummies - and I'm a dummy when it comes to Photoshop. I get carried away with the applications, and the possibilities for creating exhuberantly bright colours.


From there it was a lino block, and print in ultramarine blue....


then more picnik manipulation, in duo tone...


.... and finally some cutting and colouring and Pritt stick. I left it overnight and the edges curled up, but I quite liked that!

No comments:

Post a Comment