Sunday 6 February 2011

Welcome to my blog

A late resolution becomes reality. Here is my first entry on my blog. With thanks to Margaret, Laura and Anne for setting such inspirational examples, and Helen for her encouragement, I'm now jumping in to this virtual world.

Yesterday Helen and I went to see the Watercolours and Works on Paper fair at the Science Museum. Luckily it wasn't all washed out dainty landscapes. Particular favourites were:
  • Matt Forster for his pared-down landscapes of flat washes overlapping each other





  • Emma Levine for papercuts of trees, some with pink on the reverse that glowed

 

  •  Mila Furstova for black and white etchings of buildings which had been cut and then interwoven. Also excited to find from her website that she creates 3D forms from her paper cutouts. 

  • Alexander Arundell for works relating to colour theory - and etched pom-pom and fuzzy spots


Also lots of rich pastel used in mixed media works. Backgrounds of stitched pieces of paper, or uneven with gesso primer... I've got my head full of ideas. Now I need to work some of them out on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment