Tuesday 15 February 2011

Knitting niggles

I've been knitting in front of the TV. Got very excited when I found some very colourful Japanese wool in John Lewis, so colourful I just had to have it!

But maybe a bit much all on its own, so I bought some quiet greys to accompany it. First of all I thought I would knit a kind of plaited gilet from a Rowan book. So I knitted all the strips, plaited them, crocheted the plaits together...then realised that it didn't work.




So started again with just the pale grey, and a more interesting cable pattern, which I decided could work as a cowl / collar. I felt it needed lining because the wool is just a bit hairy and I think it will probably irritate my neck, so back to John Lewis (what would I do without that shop?) for some jersey, and a couple of buttons. I'm pleased with the result.





But what to do with the original multi-coloured wool? I tried it with the knitting nancy, so now I'm left with some long tubes of Japanese multicoloured wool. What to do with them? Maybe another scarf/cowl??? How many does a girl need?


No comments:

Post a Comment